The Financial Analyst is responsible for the quality, accuracy and compliance of all the financial deliverables under his/her responsibility. On a daily basis, this person will ensure that the books under his/her responsibilities (P&L /BS) are in compliance with US GAAP rules and the company's Finance Knowledge documents (SFM, FPS, Guidelines).
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Understands the end to end process under his/her responsibility and report gaps through SQs.
- Analyze and control Capex, Inventory, Projects, DSO relating to area of responsibility.
- Perform monthly reviews of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts relating to area of responsibility, including business indicators such as profitability and liquidity.
- Present monthly analysis on costs and revenue. Assist with financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives.
- Ensure across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices. Identify weaknesses in internal control and suggest improvements.
- Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies.
- Develop and evaluate business or project financial metrics and drivers. Design and implement project controls.
- Evaluate currency exposure in collaboration with the Treasury Analyst.
- Participate in Internal Audit assignments. Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required. Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Finance or Accounting Degree or equivalent professional certification, MBA. 3 -5 years in a financial role.
- Spanish speakers preferred
- Problem Solving: Strong project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented and good decision making skills.
- Functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: A strong oral/written communication skill, customer services oriented, and interact frequently with peer groups, service providers, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
skills: Financial Statements, Spanish, GAAP, capital expenditures, SOX, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.