job summary: Senior Internal Auditor
Our client in Northern Virginia is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join a growing team. It is an exciting opportunity to launch with a brand new developmental program, providing management opportunities after 2 years, and the ability to move into a different sector (FP&A, Treasury, etc) also after 2 years. WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY...
What we're looking for...
- Profit-sharing, 6% 401K matching, tuition assistance
- Beautiful offices with on-site fitness centers and cafeterias
You're a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a big impact.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four to Seven years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Your CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Public accounting, information systems, risk, and operational based audit experience.
- Experience with ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Audit experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm or Large top tier CPA firm experience (top 15)
- Experience managing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to be a future leader/promotable type with ability to build relationships internally and with leaders
- Project management experience
location: Ashburn, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5,9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: What you'll be doing...
You'll join our audit team that will allow you to positively impact the way we do business. This group will provide you the foundation to be a change agent, providing objective evaluations of our internal systems and processes to identify areas of risk and operational and/or technology efficiency. Your highly visible role will involve collaborating with other members of the internal audit team and business units to review existing practices. Developing plans and supporting your internal partners to understand the key role they play in maintaining strong internal controls will be critical in reducing risk, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting our shareholders, customers, and employees.
- Designing and executing financial, operational, or technology audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company's controls, systems, and processes.
- Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and evaluating their significance and potential business impact to improve process effectiveness.
- Presenting practical recommendations to senior leaders and preparing written audit reports to document your findings.
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of internal audit.
- Being a high visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Attending learning programs, training & networking sessions while preparing yourself to become a future leader in our organization through a defined career path.
Submit your application and resume today for immediate consideration!
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.