Senior Accountant needed for growing organization to record monthly journal entries for financial statement preparation and to function as a key contributor in the monthly accounting close, while providing analytical and reconciliation support to the finance and accounting department. Job also includes cost accounting.
location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries through Sage
- Assist with month-end/quarterly/yearly close maintaining and reviewing general ledger and reconciling balance sheets
- Monthly accruals for manufacturing operations
- Generate monthly/quarterly financial accounting reports for management
- Inventory analysis - generating monthly inventory reports for senior management
- Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve numbers
- Cost accounting - establishing standard costs and cost rollups; analyze variance to COGS when sold
- Analyze costs of raw materials, inventory levels and turnover, labor and overhead costs, and overall product gross margin
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience with strong GL experience
- Intermediate Excel user.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manufacturing accounting experience is a plus
- Sage experience or related strongly preferred
- System implementation experience a plus
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.