The Payroll Director will be responsible for managing all payroll functions for the Company. This includes producing bi-weekly and payroll processing for all employees; reviewing and maintaining payroll policies & procedures, payroll reporting controls and payroll system analysis.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
- Payroll Director will be responsible for managing the entire corporate payroll function
- Payroll Director must ensuring best practices and continuous improvement
- Payroll Director will oversee a payroll departmental and will provide leadership, professional developing and performance management of staff.
- Oversees payroll tax remittance, file and reconcile with payroll vendors nationwide with assistance of tax department
- Coordinate corporate tax to ensure proper filling and deposits with all appropriate jurisdictions/states.
- Develop and document payroll policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX (404/303)), federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Provides guidance to field payroll personnel and assists all facilities with payroll related inquiries.
- Develops and maintains documented payroll and audit procedures in accordance with SOX (404/303) and best practices for the field and corporate business units.
- Maintains external vendor relationships with all payroll vendors nationally to ensure compliance and best practices.
- Acts as liaison with Information Technology (IT) for time keeping systems maintenance and enhancements; with Human Resources (HR) regarding compensation and benefit issues; and with Corporate Accounting for general ledger and financial reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Prepare payroll deduction interface files for employee benefit deductions; direct deposit and on-line pay stub projects.
- Work with mergers and acquisitions implementations and post integration.
- Provides support for internal and external financial audits plus Federal, State and client audits. Provides litigation support.
- Manages special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- BBA Finance/Accounting. Masters or MBA preferred CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification.
- 10-years plus of successively increasing management experience with a minimum of 6-years with direct responsibility for a payroll function.
- Savvy System skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- In-depth knowledge of automated payroll systems and time entry systems
- Knowledge of federal, state and local taxes including knowledge in federal, state and local Income tax, unemployment tax, credits and incentives.
- Leader by example with demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, tax, and financial reporting and working knowledge of information technology and data management.
skills: 401K, Account Reconciliation, Acquisitions/Due Diligence, Cash Forecasting, Certified Payroll Professional, Benefit Administration, Deferred Compensation, Certified Treasury Professional, Account Opening - Banking, Audit - Internal, Audit - External, Analysis - Brand/Market, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.