My client in the Greater Atlanta Area is looking for a Controller on a direct hire basis. This role is for a mid-size service company that is in growth mode. The Controller will be responsible for segments of the finance department including; accounts receivable, fixed asset, general ledger, inventory and more. This person will be responsible for providing accurate financial data and act as the lead for the accounting team.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Accurately and promptly reporting financial data to the executive team on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensures accuracy of the general ledger and all sub-ledgers
- Performs treasury and liquidity management functions
- Maintain ERP systems including the general ledger
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain accounts for the separate companies and divisions within the corporation
- Implement and oversee control systems, transaction processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are complete
- Create and issue timely and accurate monthly financial and operating statements
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Maintain the system of management cost reports
- Create and maintain credit facilities with vendors and financial institutions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting and tax requirements
- Degree in accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and technical/professional experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Technical skills to include:
- A basic understanding of accounting as well as hands on experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Experience in management of accounting staff.
- Experience in GAAP based accounting and a strong working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Experience in cash management.
- Experience in communicating with all levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organization, and time-management skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please reach out to Gil Pettit at Gil.Pettit@randstadusa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.