job summary: Full Charge Bookkeeper and HR/Benefits Manager
Downtown Washington, DC based Non Profit organization representing 5000 members in the high tech industry /mobile economy is looking for a full charge accounting professional to support the CFO. The majority of the members are small tech companies with passionate people who build apps that make the world better, more fun, and more efficient. You may already have some of their apps on your phone. Our team is professional, collaborative, and effective, and we are the leading industry resource on market strategy, regulated industries, privacy, and security.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Maintain and develop organizational procedures and systems for office personnel, including filing, accounts payable, payroll, HR, and budgeting, with as-needed support from external consultants.
- Business licensing and reporting for multiple organizations.
- Maintaining records in QuickBooks of all transactions made through Accounts Payable and Receivable as well as reconciling all bank accounts and credits cards on a monthly basis, monitoring cash flow.
- Review and process expense and FSA reimbursement requests.
- Organize accounting and tax-related files.
- Process monthly payroll, inclusive of processing all state and federal liability payment/forms monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Federal and multiple state lobbying reporting for multiple entities.
- Oversee onboarding of new employees.
- Prepares and maintains personnel files from onboarding to termination.
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Answer day-to-day employee questions regarding benefits or payroll and fulfill requests.
- Manage annual benefit open enrollment and review.
- Complete annual benefits administration functions such as various censuses and 5500 filing.
- Handle sensitive employee information with the utmost confidentiality and discretion.
- Provide backup to Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator on office operations and event logistics.
- Routinely organize and schedule appointments and book international travel on behalf of the team. Act as backup to Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator for organizing domestic travel arrangements.
- Greeting and hosting visitors, clients, and employees, managing incoming and outgoing mail, signing for packages. (duties shared with Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator).
We are seeking an energetic professional who can wear multiple hats. The Bookkeeper and HR/Benefits Manager is responsible for the administrative, financial, human resources, and benefits administration functions for the organization. Qualifications:
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, Dropbox, and 1Password. Experience using Asana or similar project management software is a plus.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop, including knowledge of in-house payroll processing using QuickBooks Desktop Enhanced Payroll.
- Basic knowledge of HR processes and best practices.
- Interest and experience in identifying and implementing processes and procedures to improve work efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to problem-solve independently.
- Must be resourceful, independent, creative, and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of QuickBooks experience.
- 3+ years of experience working as an Office Manager or Executive Assistant
We offer an outstanding benefits package including a 50% match 401K Plan and quarterly company paid outings.
skills: Quickbooks, Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.