job summary: Corporate Controller
A growing Manchester area company has an immediate need for a Corporate Controller to join their team. The ideal candidate would be a Big 4 CPA and a Divisional Controller or an Assistant Corporate Controller in a manufacturing company. This Corporate Controller is a high visibility role with exposure to the CAO, CFO and the CEO.
location: Manchester, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 12 Years
- Managing day to day Corporate accounting functions (general accounting, policy implementation, SEC reporting and business support)
- Consolidation of domestic and foreign business units
- Manage External SEC reporting, including the 10K, 10Q and 8K
- Oversee Financial Reporting related internal controls under SOX.
- Interact with Business Unit Controllers to review accuracy of financial reporting and compliance with internal controls.
- Responsible for leading projects related to new accounting standards and compliance regulations.
- Liaison to external auditors regarding financial statements and internal controls
- Lead a team of 3-4 direct reports
- Make recommendations regarding mergers, acquisitions and other strategic initiatives
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as needed
- BS in Accounting, Big 4 CPA
- 12 plus years of progressive accounting experience
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 firm, and experience with a public US manufacturing company in the controllership function.
- Extensive experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, Section 404
- Experience implementing the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606
- Experience with managing audits
- Dynamic leaderships skills and the desire to grow within an organization
- Strong ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, JDE)
$175-200K, plus 25% bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.