Are you looking for an exciting opportunity? A client in Marietta is seeking an accountant with inventory/sales tax experience to grow. Top of the line benefits with flexible hours option!
location: Marietta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $41,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Manufacturing accountant to understand manufacturing. inventory/manufacturing accounting. sales tax.
(inventory, manufacturing accounting) as well as the associated sales tax remittances when sales are made.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Month end closing of production inventories
- Make adjusting entries for inventory/WIP transactions
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Prepare sales and use tax returns.
- Reconcile related financial accounts.
- Verify and process exemption certificates.
- Participate in sales and use tax audits.
- Obtain and renew business licenses.
- Minimum of 2 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- High attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities. Strong working knowledge of accounting and cost accounting principles and thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
Full Medical Benefits including: Dental, Vision,LTD, STD, Tuition Assistance, 401K, Military and Bereavement Leave, PTO after 90 days, 6 company paid holidays & more!
skills: Excel, Excel Macros, Quickbooks Pro, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.