We are a global asset manager based in downtown Boston seeking to add a tax senior to our team. We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive our continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare annual and interim dividend and capital gain distribution projections in order to avoid federal excise tax liability.
- Prepare complex tax provisions (including specialized tax adjustments) and related financial statement footnote disclosures, coordinating efforts with independent auditors and other internal departments.
- Prepare federal and state tax returns and review IRS compliance on a quarterly basis.
- Work with our independent auditors by taking and responding to comments, coordinating schedules and maintaining existing relationships.
- Facilitate the organization, research and analysis of foreign securities to help complete annual PFIC review.
- Assist Institutional Services with various tax related requests (asset diversification).
- Provide Fund Oversight/Portfolio Management with distributable tax income for fixed income funds as requested.
- Keep current with industry regulations by attending internal and external training (e.g., seminars, webinars, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree in tax/finance/accounting
- 2+ years of mutual fund experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills, computer proficiency, strong oral and written skills
- CPA License or progress towards considered a plus
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and ATX software, Microsoft Office, experience with the mutual fund 1099 process, presentation skills a plus
To be considered for this position please apply by emailing Steve.Mazur@randstadusa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.