Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
An international insurance organization has an immediate need for a legal secretary available to work for 3+ months in Overland Park, KS. This work is full time (40 hours/week). Note this is a temporary position and not a permanent position.
location: Leawood, Kansas
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
In this role you will perform administrative tasks associated with general liability law and other insurance claims.
- Performs a broad range of secretarial, administrative, and clerical support for two or more attorneys
- Organizes and maintains all files relating to litigation and administrative matters under direct supervision of attorneys
- Responsible for assisting the attorney(s) with secretarial and clerical duties including transcription, typing, filing and data entry
- Maintains calendar for assigned attorney(s), office database for cases, and organization of assigned cases
- Requires knowledge of document formats of a legal nature such as briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions
- May have client, counsel and witness contact requiring discretion and judgment
- Responds to inquiries from and interacts with customers, clients, counsel and witnesses
- Types legal pleadings, correspondence and other documents as directed
(1) 3+ years of experience working as a legal secretary or in a law firm setting.
(2) Knowledge of legal terminology and document format such as contracts, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions
(3) Familiarity with general liability/tort law and workers' compensation law is preferred.
If interested, please respond immediately!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.