This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company where you can make an impact. This is a Direct Hire Staff Accountant role with a client in Boston. The successful person will be an articulate, self-motivated professional looking to further develop their career.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
The Accountant will be responsible for a wide range of duties that includes reviewing and forecasting expenses and revenues, ad hoc reporting, complex month end entries and month end close as well as financial analysis, improving policies and procedures and strengthening controls.
- Assist with maintaining the general ledger; ensure reconciliations are timely and accurate
- Assist in maintaining a well-documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with month end close process
- Provide ad hoc reporting, create and update financial models
- Continuously strive to improve processes and ensure procedures adhered to
- Maintain Fixed Assets
- Coordinate with external audits
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4 year accounting degree
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 2+ years of relevant skills
- Must have strong communication skills (will work closely with executives)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Motivated with keen business sense
skills: Account Reconciliation, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.