job summary: A rapidly growing company in San Jose is currently looking for a controller who will be the key leader for all their financial operations. This individual will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, development of a high performing accounting team, and improvement of the financial processes.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $117,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 9 Years
- Responsible for the timely completion and reporting of the weekly and monthly financial related schedules, key performance indicators and supporting analytical schedules to corporate and plant management.
- Assure accuracy of all general ledger activity, including reconciliations of all necessary general ledger accounts, and review of general ledger activity.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reconciliations between corporate ERP system and local plant systems to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with the company's policies and established accounting principles.
- Manage all general accounting functions which include performing month-end process, preparing and booking journal entries, account reconciliations
- Oversee tax-related matters to ensure timely compliance
- Lead ERP implementation
- Designs and implements improvements to existing systems, processes and policies. Enforces adherence to established policies and processes.
- Designs and implements improvements to the company's internal controls.
- Assists with the interim and year-end financial audits and periodic internal audits. Manages the preparation of schedules and documents for external and internal auditors.
- Daily review of gross production margins on orders and shipments, with follow up to appropriate Product Manager and/ or Sales Manager regarding product quotes and/ or costs as necessary.
- Works with sales, purchasing, and customer service regarding on hand inventory requirements, review of purchase orders, and receipt of material, as well as problem solving with slow moving inventory.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Reviews and approves annual change to unit standard costs.
- Assists local plant personnel in financial related matters and decisions.
- Stays current with developments, practice trends and regulations in the accounting profession.
- Performs other accounting duties and projects, as required or directed.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors and ensure compliance of GAAP requirements.
- Analyze company operations to identify operational and cost efficiencies and implement solutions.
- Document and/or update standard policies and procedures as needed.
- A college degree is required; a major in Accounting or related
- Master's degree and/ or CPA license are preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of progressive experience, with a public / private profile preferred
- Experience in project, bill of materials and work order costing
- Experience with managing inventory levels and production controls in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at various levels within the company are essential, as are good leadership skills.
- Experience with large ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Navision, etc) is preferred.
- Advanced MS Office Excel skills required
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas.
- If you are interested in this challenging opportunity please apply directly to this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.