Are you a Public Accounting Professional seeking new opportunities?
This Tax Staff Accountant opening is with one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation, with offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., as well as Grand Cayman, China and Ireland.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Tax Staff Accountant will become involved in working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Tax Staff will develop work papers, determine groupings of balance sheet items and make decisions on executing the completion of accounting and tax services for business, individual clients, and trusts and estates. Under the direct supervision of a Senior, Supervisor, or Manager, the Staff will receive appropriate guidance and training to complete assignments.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, trusts and estates, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Research tax issues and legislation.
- Provide and maintain proper documentation and workpapers.
- Reconciliation of book to tax income.
- Analyze depreciation to determine proper methodology for tax impact on client engagements. Prepare projections on future tax liabilities based on variable options to make client recommendations as part of the tax planning process.
- Interact with client personnel regarding tax return information, deadlines, etc. and keep team informed on status.
- Initiate and develop relationship with appropriate levels of the client's management team.
- Minimal travel to client sites may be required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- M.S. in Taxation (preferred).
- Must have CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- 1-3 years of relevant public accounting experience.
- Knowledge of basic tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
If interested and qualified - APPLY NOW or send resumes directly to Brittany Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Tax Planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.