job summary: Accounts Payable Analyst
location: Universal City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
· Vendor management, Income reporting and tax withholding (1099's and 1042's). - Credit Memos: manages contact with vendors for check or offset with future invoices
· Processes and researches unapplied debit Memos: credit memos, internal CM's (dup. payments, overpayments, RTV's & vendor charge backs)
· Returned Checks: Reviews address, reviews check void status, and coordinates vendor update (if needed)
· Refund Checks: Review refund checks from vendors that resulted from possible duplicate payments, overpayments, returns, etc. Research vendor payment history to correctly identify GL coding to apply to refund checks for proper application back to business unit's P&L
· Invoices on Hold: (ResQ report): Reviews report to identify possible fixes/corrections; troubleshoots issues. Communicates corrections to ResQ team so that invoices are released for posting to SAP
· AP recovery audit: liaison between Business Unit, vendor and APR to help resolve issues to help with recovery efforts. Also, codes APR invoices billed for their recovery services
· Stale dated checks (beyond 180 days): Contacts Business Unit and/or vendor to determine whether we should reissue or void check
· Vendor statement reconciliation: reconciled vendor statements to identify credit memos. Will request check if needed or will apply to vendor AP account. - Customer Service: e-mail, phone
· Return Checks and ACH's, research of unapplied payments - Reviews reports for invoice exceptions and researches for resolution with Business Unit contact.
- 3-5 years experience in a fast-paced accounts payable environment with knowledge of basic AP principles and strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Experience with big MRP systems, SAP a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Personable, as the Analyst is in contact with Business Units, internal and external customers, and vendors
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Vendor management and Income reporting and Withholding (1099's and 1042's).
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.