Our client is a global player in the oilfield services industry. They're seeking a sharp and qualified team member for their Accounting team! This is a hands-on and challenging role, working closely with various personnel throughout the organization at all levels, in multiple domestic and international locations, ensuring general ledger activity is properly recorded.
The candidate must have the ability to multi-task under a deadline-oriented environment. They must have the ability to be both detail-oriented and analyze information from a high level perspective. The position prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations, analyzes intercompany purchase price variance, and resolves aging subledger and reconciling items. Apply today!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Involved in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger
- Performs intercompany purchase price variance analysis and intercompany goods in transit roll-forward.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries and reports.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Assists with the preparation of deliverables required for quarterly financial review meetings.
- Assists the Supervisor and Manager with internal and external audit requests
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis on Excel
- Experience supporting financial and SOX compliance, internal and external audits.
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- CPA licensed or CPA eligible is a plus
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.