My client, who is a multi national real estate firm located in the heart of downtown, is looking for a Property Accountant to join their team. As part of the Accounting group, this role will provide reporting and analysis for the company's commercial real estate portfolio and assist in the development of accounting policies and procedures for management.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare financial statements and management reports for commercial properties
- Reconcile accounts payable, accounts receivables, expense accrual and bank account reconciliations
- Monitor and record daily cash balances
- Ensure the accuracy and propriety of all financial data and reports
- Review and Prepare variance analysis for all monthly and quarterly reports
- Read and interpret lease verbiage as it relates to CAM and real estate tax provisions.
- Lead multiple accounting and reporting projects by collaborating with team members, property and asset managers, and other departments
- Develop and implement of accounting policies and department control procedures
- Ensure Accounting and Financial records are in accordance with GAAP standards
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Assist in annual reconciliation of expenses and budgets
- Possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a Commercial Real Estate space
- Have a great understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Have previous experience operating Microsoft Excel, MRI or Yardi software.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills required
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to be immediately considered, please send resumes to Reggie Whisenton at firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Yardi, MRI
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.