Senior Accountant responsible for all aspects of the month end close process.
location: Newport Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to noon
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform journal entries, account reconciliations, and analyses as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Work with other departments to verify accuracy of budgets and closing of projects.
- Ensure accuracy of foreign currency adjustments, elimination entries, and expense allocations as appropriate.
- Develop new procedures to shorten the current close process.
- Actively contribute to the development of global accounting policies to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare audit support schedules and related requests.
- Actively adhere to written policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure SOX compliance.
- Support internal (e.g., Month Financial Package) and external (e.g., Form 10-K and Form 10-Q's) reporting processes.
qualifications: Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.