Real Estate Development Accountant will be responsible for the maintenance and control of the development and construction accounting functions. The Accountant must be self-directed, highly motivated and can work with numerous development managers. The Accountant will be responsible for tracking various deliverable deadlines and ensuring billing and loan draws are prepared timely.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Work with development teams to manage, account for, and report on development projects.
- Manage aspects of the accounts payable process for development/construction projects.
- Ensure construction funding and payments are delivered and monitored on a monthly basis via submittal of monthly loan draws and/or funding requests.
- Assist capital partners or lenders with requests as needed.
- Take the lead to set up the general ledger system (Sage Timberline) for construction accounting.
- Validate and maintain the accuracy of all (Sage Timberline) data/reports related to construction accounting.
- Monitor and maintain project budgets and submission of tax credit applications.
- Assist with operations set up upon substantial completion of development projects.
- Prepare and send invoices for corporate development services and monitor related receivables.
- Ensure accuracy of accounting for corporate development services, including tracking and reporting on corporate development projects.
- Prepare monthly close reporting for all development properties and corporate development groups.
- BBA Accounting; real estate construction development experience
- QuickBooks and Sage Timberline experience preferred (Transition from QB to Sage Timberline in the future)
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with multiple groups and personalities
- Ability to assist and support others
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information to various users
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Strong computer application skills in Microsoft Office(Excel)
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accruals, Cash Management, Bank Reconciliations, Audit-Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.