The role of the Payroll Specialist is to fully engage in successfully processing Multistate payroll across all entities - Do you have 1.5 - 2 years of firm Payroll experience with Multistate experience?
start time: 9-10 am, end time: 6-7 pm
must know pivot tables and vlookup
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: KEY RESPONSIBILIITES :
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing our biweekly payroll process, troubleshooting with external payroll and flexible benefits providers, ensuring compliance with applicable payroll tax laws, and addressing all related accounting issues.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Process and "own" the payroll function.
- Execute the administration of payroll-related procedures for all employees (executive, exempt, and non-exempt, Union), including the processing, recording, and reporting of all compensation-related actions.
- Perform various technical payroll reporting and compliance activities across multiple entities.
- Complete year-end payroll activity.
- Work closely with the HR and Accounting teams.
- Ensure accuracy of computations, statutory withholdings, Union rules, voluntary deductions, and overall employee payroll accuracy.
- Monitor the timeliness and accuracy of data submitted for payroll processing, such as timecards and adjustments.
- Help manage process with field production staff.
- Act as a liaison to external payroll service providers (ADP, Entertainment Partners)
- Develop and design ad hoc reports utilizing ADP software.
- Analyze and reconcile any payroll out of balance situations.
qualifications: Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of related payroll experience in a Multi-State corporate environment.
- Strong Technical reporting skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new Payroll systems software.
- Union payroll experience a plus
- Experience with ADP a plus.
- Strong Excel experience needed.
skills: Payroll, Excel, ADP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.