Sr. Statutory Accountant
A growing insurance company located in Brentwood, TN has an immediate opening for a Sr. Statutory Accountant
. If you are looking for an accounting position with a company that offers a great work/life balance, flexible hours and excellent benefits than this position could be a great match for you! For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this posting and/or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
location: Brentwood, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $59,000 - 76,000 per year
work hours: 7 to 3:30pm
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Preparing the statutory financial statements including balance sheet and income statement schedules, cash flow statements, budget, footnote schedules and other supporting and supplemental exhibits.
- Review balance sheet and income statements on a quarterly basis to ensure company adheres to SAP accounting regulations.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post entries to the general ledger accounts and to document business transactions.
- Maintain account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare and review investment accounts and bank reconciliations and other banking activities.
- Analyze and document revenue and expenditure trends and variances in account balances between periods.
- Prepare Statutory filings with strict deadlines including NAIC Yellow Book and multiple state specific filings.
- Work with both internal and external client to respond to inquiries and resolve any issues.
- Interact with and assist internal and external auditors when necessary to complete audits.
For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this posting and/or send your resume to email@example.com.
- BS in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Solid understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) required.
- Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced working knowledge of Excel).
skills: Account Reconciliation, GAAP, Statutory Reporting, Statutory Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.