This position will be in charge of all SEC reporting functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of SOX and US GAAP, and will be a key player in implementing and reviewing internal controls and procedures.
location: Costa Mesa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of all SEC reports and filings (8-K, 10-K, 10-Q, DEF 14A)
- Ensures compliance with SEC and FASB regulations.
- Develops and manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting.
- Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB and eventual IFRS and prepare memorandums regarding the Company's position and impact on the Company.
- Devises, implements and ensures effective and practical implementation of corporate policies.
qualifications: Essential Knowledge and Skills :
Education and Experience
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills.Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA license required.
- Experience in top-tier public accounting firms and/or public company environment.
skills: CPA, GAAP, 10-K, 10-Q
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.