Leading construction company in Orange County is looking for a Staff Accountant to come in on a temporary to hire basis to help with their payroll and accounting needs.
They are looking for someone who has experience processing payroll, certified payroll would be a huge also. Also someone who has experience with posting journal entries and bank reconciliations.
location: Lake Forest, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Processing of weekly payroll, both prevailing and non-prevailing wage.
- Process and upload Certified Payrolls to DIR
- Job costing reconciliations and postings
- Bank Reconciliations
- Workers Compensation reports
- Tracking of employee's insurances
- Apprentice reporting
- Tracking job performance and profitability
- Obtain and track all lien waivers for subcontractors and sub-tier vendors
- File and review preliminary lien notices
- Maintain and update filings
- Enforce compliance and payment process for vendors and subcontractors
- Review and verify certificates of insurance for subcontractors prior to issuing payments
- Maintain and track all W-9's for subcontractors
- Maintain and track all 1099's
- Assist subcontractors and construction team with questions
- Prepare and process journal and job costing entries
- Provide support to accounting department and construction team
- Accounts Payable duties include but not limited to: Cash flow, Budgeting, month end and yearly closing processes
- Journal entries and cash receipts, prepare construction loan draws
- cross training in A/P and A/R are required for back up and overflow needs.
- Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and construction industry
- Construction knowledge
- Preparing journal entries
- Processing payroll
- Certified payroll experience a HUGE plus
- CMIIX and VISTA software PREFERRED
skills: Certified Payroll Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.