Our Commercial Real Estate Client is actively seeking a Bookkeeper who supports the Company's goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: Excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability.
This is a Direct Hire, Long Term position!
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the timely and accurate input, processing and reporting of the computerized accounting system for properties and companies as assigned. This position applies accounting principles and prepares monthly and annual financial reports as required by management.
location: Brentwood, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports accurately and timely, by the tenth of the month, and delivers to Portfolio Manager for review and approval.
- Prepares bank card reconciliations.
- Reviews cash flow and on line bank accounts on a daily basis, to maintain necessary funds for operating and capital expenditures and advises Portfolio Manager as needed.
- Collects rent from Tenants and tracks delinquent rents, sends rent reminders and late notices and reports potential defaults to Portfolio Manager.
- Assists in collections and default proceedings as needed.
- Enters Tenant payments, charges, and maintains tenant ledgers (lease renewals, reimbursements).
- Creates monthly charges for management fees.
- Performs full charge accounting responsibility for special properties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for setting up new bank accounts or transferring of current accounts.
- Adheres to full checks and balances in place in accordance with generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Performs year-end reporting to accountants for special projects and affiliates and assists Portfolio Manager with annual pass through billings and charge entries.
- Prepares and mails 1099 reports to vendors at year end.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required; Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities is required. (Prior experience in commercial real estate a plus.)OTHER SKILLS
- Good interpersonal skills; good written and oral communication skills; .
- proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; proficient in use of standard computerized accounting systems.
If qualified and Interested, APPLY NOW or email resumes to Brittany Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.