job summary: Randstad Professionals
is recruiting for an experienced Payroll Specialist to assist with high-volume/multi-state payroll for an established company here in Sunny Las Vegas.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 17 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 0 Years
- Process high volume daily timecards and weekly payroll for union employees
- Prepare special payments, complex pay and payroll deduction calculations ensuring compliance with company policies, union contracts and federal and state regulations
- Assist employees and management with questions, concerns or requests regarding payroll. This includes properly applying technical knowledge and skills, communicating and listening effectively
- Reconcile payroll and validate confirmed reports
- Perform each assigned task, exercising routine methods and mechanics of the job and requesting assistance when unusual circumstances arise
- Review payroll documents for compliance with policies and procedures
- Verify accuracy of data entry and computations of withholding tax, deductions, and overtime compensation
- Identify, research, and assist in the resolution of payroll related discrepancies
- Process off-cycle check payments according to company policy, union agreements and federal and state regulations
- Accurately calculate and process union retro payments as required
- Prepare stop payments, void checks, direct deposit reversals and overpayment collections in accordance with company, federal, state and union regulations.
- 3+ years multi-state payroll experience
- Union payroll experience highly desired
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- The ability to collaborate with team members and other internal business partners
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines within a telephone queue environment
- Must have great data-entry skills with prior 10-Key experience required
Compensation is up to 17/hr+Overtime based on experience. If you're looking to work with a company that offers great growth opportunities, this is your position. Qualified candidates please email resumes to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
skills: Union Payroll, Manual Payroll System, Payroll Processing, Data Processor, Payroll Tax-Multistate, Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.