Our client in Downtown DC is seeking a Director of FP&A to join their rapidly growing, multiple hundred-million revenue organization. This position offers the right individual the opportunity to work closely with executive leadership to plan and manage the firm's continued expansion in global expert professional services.
This position reports to the CFO but works closely with the President, and serves as a critical hub for reporting and analysis within the organization's management team. They seek a business partner to the management team who can help the company rapidly expand its expert business into new markets and geographies while remaining true to its underlying strategy and founding financial disciplines.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Master of Business Administration
experience: 8 Years
- Create robust financial models and deliver timely and accurate budgets and forecasts for the company and its business units to support resource allocation, operating decisions and performance plans.
- Create and maintain multi-year projections and financial models to facilitate strategic and capital planning.
- Create and deliver variance analyses and other analytical reporting to support the financial reporting process, facilitate accountability and to allow rapid and sophisticated response to new opportunities and other changes in operations and business conditions.
- Prepare ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic business decisions.
- Support internal and external financial and management reporting.
- Support cross functional initiatives to drive cost efficiencies and reduce scaling costs.
- In conjunction with the larger financial team, continuously improve and streamline the financial and management reporting cycle and related operational processes.
- Select, implement and maintain a modern budgeting, planning & financial analysis system.
- Manage (in two locations) a small, high performing team of financial analysts.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or equivalent advanced degree or credential (for example CFA, CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional financial experience with at least five years in planning, analysis, budgeting, strategy or similar role.
- Excellent communication and written/verbal presentation skills. Able to participate actively in business discussions and then translate business requirements to drive analyses and bring useful information back to drive business decisions.
- Experience in a professional services business (or other project-oriented business reliant on significant revenue-generating individuals) is a significant positive, but not required.
- Willingness and ability to build or oversee the building of complex models.
- Experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts
- Experience with and solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Proficiency in using/managing/building-out enterprise planning and analysis tools and applications.
skills: Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.