Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst - Strategic Initiatives
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Financial Analyst - Strategic Initiatives, oversees special projects to improve financial reporting, internal controls, and company-wide processes. This position will have the ability to impact multiple areas and interact with a variety of internal stakeholders, including senior staff and other department directors to implement strategic projects.
The position will require technical accounting expertise, knowledge of internal control best practices, and the ability to think strategically. The Senior Financial Analyst will be charged with identifying new opportunities to improve processes, eliminate backlogs, and respond proactively to departments outside of finance. S/he will analyze existing processes, work closely with the CFO and finance staff to streamline current systems, leverage new finance-related information technology tools, and refine standard
operating procedures to provide maximum benefit to the company.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Master's Degree
experience: 4 Years
Strategic Financial Management
- Manage complex cross-functional projects that require input from multiple stakeholders at the organization.
- In collaboration with the CFO, lead project teams, setting priorities and milestones,
tracking progress, troubleshooting issues, providing status reports to management, and
ensuring successful project implementation.
- Work with other members of the finance team to implement and maintain best practice accounting processes and internal controls. Raise issues, provide perspective on practices used, and introduce necessary changes to stay in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare financial analyses to evaluate potential decisions, assisting the CFO with
- Reconcile the operating bank and investment accounts, creating necessary journal entries and researching any reconciling items.
- Assist Controller with audit preparation and examinations.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline and improve the month-end close process.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Ability to anticipate and implement the financial infrastructure and systems needs in a
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an active listener; ability to translate
complex financial concepts to individuals with varying degrees of financial fluency.
- Technologically savvy with the ability to manage data for effective financial reporting.
- A high degree of computer literacy including with accounting software and Excel.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
Located in Washington DC and is Metro accessible. Standard hours are 8 - 4 pm with flexibility. Salary for this role is $80,000 - $100,000.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.