A local Tax and Accounting firm located in Miamisburg, Ohio is looking for a dynamic leader to take over the day to day duties of the Tax/Accounting Manager. If you have a strong public accounting background with industry experience and you are driven to succeed with an entrepreneurial spirit continue reading. The right profile for this position will have Audit and Accounting experience and a willingness to connect with people on a personal level.
location: Miamisburg, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax professionals as deemed necessary
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts
- Acts as a resource for tax specialists and auditing staff on specific tax issues and/or questions
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness
- Supervises/develops/coaches team members as assigned.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations,
- A basic familiarity with state and local tax issues that arise with small business clients; assists in responding to state and local audit inquirers and offers advice to clients on how to proceed upon notice of audit
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- Must have at least 7 years experience in public accounting firm, with a concentration in tax.
- Partner potential for qualified candidates.
- Complete assigned CPE or professional development courses as required annually.
- Current and valid CPA license required.
skills: TAX, Corporate Tax, Property Tax, Federal Tax, State & Local Tax, Multi-State Tax, Income Tax, Individual/Personal Tax Planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.