The position is primary responsible for all accounting functions of the California South Capital Campaign and Restricted Gift Funds, managing pledges receivable, oversight of Project cash receipts, and accounts payable. All Campaign related reporting. Ongoing liaison with Rady Development, Fund Raising and Property teams, the Office of the Divisional Secretary for San Diego County and THQ Finance related to CC projects.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare and review Rady Project and capital campaign financial statements for completeness and accuracy; monitor variances and budget adherence on a monthly basis; timely distribution of the monthly and quarterly financial reports to appropriate individuals, groups and the field units.
- Preparation of supplemental reports as required by funding sources, DHQ and THQ administration.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for Rady Project(s), other capital campaigns and the Restricted Gifts funds.
- Review cash receipts and accounts payable batches, verify general ledger coding, ensure accurate timely posting and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely production of monthly bank reconciliations, account reconciliations including pledges receivable, and other required reports.
- Ensure grant and MOU compliance regarding reporting, revenue recognition, allocation and distribution of funds.
- Prepare the audit schedules; assist in internal and external audits for designated funds.
- Assist in the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Cross train as backup for Project Accountant.
- On time regular attendance a must
Any other duties as assigned:
- A bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 semester (or 24 quarter) units in accounting.
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in accounting.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to be supportive of the mission of the company.
- Must have a collaborative style and be a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office, financial accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.