A real estate company in San Mateo is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team. The Payroll Specialist prepare bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt corporate and field employees receiving regular incentives in a multi-state environment for 500 employees. This position reports directly to the Payroll Manager.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll
- Maintain various reports such as paid time off accruals; wage and salary allocations, missing timesheets, workers compensation
- Responding to payroll related issues and inquiries
- Review journal entries and maintain account reconciliation's, and other reports as required by management or owners
- Oversee all phases of the payroll processing including the accuracy and timely processing (in compliance with strict guidelines and deadlines) of bi-weekly payroll for both corporate and field employees
- Review timesheets, being aware of applicable state and company policy on overtime, Personnel Action Notices (PAN's), incentive sheets, and housing issues, as necessary, or as discrepancies occur, etc.
- Distribute payroll checks bi-weekly to all field employees, as needed.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute various payroll reports including vacation and sick accrual, charge out reports, individual employee payroll files, as needed.
Payroll Specialist Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associate's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 3+ years related experience
- Experience using ADP
- Excellent communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.