A manufacturing company in North Attleboro, Massachusetts has engaged with Randstad Professionals to assist with identifying a Payroll Specialist to join their team. Payroll Specialist performs payroll accounting and administrative duties including setting up payroll account codes, processing payroll certifications, setting up voluntary deductions, processing and auditing payroll, auditing payroll reports, processing tax forms and resolving payroll issues.
location: North Attleboro, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Payroll Specialist position requires general knowledge of common payroll and general accounting practices.
- Reviews, analyzes and checks payroll forms and reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Processes payroll distribution, direct deposit and transfers for affiliated accounts.
- Sets up and reconciles voluntary payroll deductions, prepares reports, identifies and researches exceptions and remits payment to vendors.
- Processes garnishments which include child supports, tax levies, and garnishments.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves payroll-related problems or questions.
- Compiles financial, tax and payroll reports for both internal and external purpose; submits to supervisor for review.
- Coordinates and interacts with federal and state agencies on issues pertaining to employee compensation, general deductions, benefits and retirement.
- Compiles and analyzes payroll data, makes recommendations and determinations and prepares related reports.
- Issues W-2 Wage and Tax Statement reprints. - Processes and maintains W-4 tax data and changes in personal data. Minimum Qualification Requirements
This position requires three years of related experience in a payroll processing position. A Bachelor's Degree or two years of additional experience preferred. Payroll Specialists who have experience with ADP are encouraged to apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.