Director of Accounting Operations
Director of Accounting
This Director of Accounting position will support a high growth global consumer products goods company.
The Director of Accounting will lead a team that manages the Month-End Close process, Payroll and Consolidations and Reporting processes. The role interacts with senior level executives and will have the opportunity to help build out additional processes as the company scales. Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience and a mix of public accounting and industry experiences.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close procedures and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of internal financial reporting to management
- Work collaboratively to manage accounting policies, procedures, processes and business systems to ensure high quality and efficient accounting and reporting
- Work closely with outside auditors to establish a partnership that ensures Company is fully compliant and statements are issued timely and on budget
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline accounting operations by developing and implementing efficient and scalable processes across general accounting areas, including management reporting and flux analysis
- Supervise, train and develop accounting and payroll staff, ensuring job responsibilities are completed successfully and career progression is supported
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Act as a key representative of the finance team in cross-functional groups and projects People Management
- Grow and mentor accounting professionals
- Provide performance feedback and development plans
- Ability to cross department lines and work with others collaboratively outside of Finance Requirements & Experience
- CPA required
- 10 years experience with 5+ years management experience
- Public accounting required
- Prior experience running the month-end close, GL, finanical reporting required.
- International accounting is a plus.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.