Our client has an immediate need of an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is a Direct Hire position north of Boston. This is a high profile position that will be more involved in analysis than traditional accounting.
The position calls for a self-motivated leader who can interact with Senior Management and Executives.
This position will oversee a team responsible for timely and accurately accounting and financial reporting at this global company.
location: Wakefield, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Train, motivate and develop staff of accountants tasked with timely and accurate accounting process, fiscal close, determining complex revenue issues, and consolidating financials
- Provide guidance to ensure accurate accounting of revenue
- Oversee processing and reconciliation of revenue transactions.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting and ensuring accurate and timely revenue recognition
- Prepare reconciliations and detailed analysis
- Quarterly reports for accuracy
- Continuously improving policies and procedures; implement controls
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Analyze DSO reports to ensure accurate revenue recognition and prepare entries
- Coordinate with auditors (internal, external)
Ideal candidate will have
- 4 year degree in Accounting or finance
- 5+ years of experience in fast paced, $500M+ company
- Prior staff management, development required
- Ability and knowledge to deal with complex technical accounting issues ideally in life sciences / healthcare industry
- ERP Systems
skills: Account Reconciliation, Revenue Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.