Randstad is partnering with a major investor-owned electric utility to help them find a Data Analyst in the fast growing market of Columbus, OH!
The Data Analyst will utilize large data analysis tools to perform sample design, sample selection and analytic studies related to the time variant energy usage characteristics of customers, classes or groups of customers, and various levels of the electric system serving customers across all Client rate jurisdictions.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Perform analyses of historical and projected customer, class, group and system load characteristics, including how the load characteristics are or may be affected by a variety of consumer programs
- Proficiently utilize analytical tools to update analyses on a regular timeline.
- Perform research to resolve analytic result irregularities
- Maintain and modify program code used for data staging and analysis
- Perform sample design and sample selection for representing various class or group populations
- Perform tracking of sample status, and collaborate with field personnel to resolve sample installation or maintenance issues.
- Provide meaningful, concise reporting of analytic results.
- Develop new automated electronic reporting
- Develop concise meaningful written reports and provide oral presentation of information.
- Research and evaluate enhanced analytic and reporting tools.
- Provide guidance toward management and reporting of data needed for analyses of customer, group, or system energy use characteristics, including interval metered usage, customer and premise information, weather data, demographic data, and survey responses.
- Utilize understanding of sampling and analysis practices to develop processes which acquire, organize, and stage data
- Develop and provide reports that provide value to various internal and external customers.
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, operations research, data science, or business analytics
- 3 years' experience in Load Research or utility grid or customer analytics
- Competence with analytic software packages such as SAS, R, SPSS
- Knowledge of database concepts and practices
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
- Excel - Expert level
- Access - Intermediate level
- Customer Communications
- Analytical Mindset
- Basic Knowledge of Programming - Low level, SAS preferred but not essential
- Basic Knowledge of Relational Databases
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please click to apply! You can also send your updated resume, with your contact information to:
Who is Randstad??
Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
I will contact you as soon as possible!
skills: Access, SAS, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.