Seeking a high impact Accounting Manager for a growing company located in Seattle. The Accounting Manager will be a proven leader, who enjoys a challenging and fast paced work environment. If you are looking for an opportunity to upgrade your game, challenge yourself and be a part of an industry that is experiencing explosive growth this may be the position you have been looking for.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Establish and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and procedures.
- Follow and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee the activities and validate the work of the accounting staff.
- Lead cross-training of team to ensure that there is backup in place for every critical operation.
- Lead monthly and annual close to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Lead inventory validation across multiple locations via system data and/or physical counts, reporting variances and working in partnership with Supply Chain to explain and resolve.
- Lead multi-jurisdictional sales and use tax compliance.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features that will enhance departmental workflow.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from the VP of Finance, Controller, and other company managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Assist in the completion of monthly Bank Compliance activities to ensure they are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of internal corporate accounting policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required, CPA required.
- 5+ years' work experience, preferably in the e-commerce or manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong general business skills and an aptitude for critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare customized financial reports.
- Advance knowledge and skills with MS Office, including Excel including V-Lookups, Pivot Tables etc.
- Experience with ERP systems, experience working with NetSuite a plus.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
skills: Variance Analysis, Inventory, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.