This position provides administrative and litigation support to the legal department. The tasks include, but are not limited to, drafting pleadings and discovery; drafting correspondence; working with our Accounting Department, outside counsel and various legal vendors to manage legal pay; and providing administrative support as needed.
location: Fremont, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Physical attendance on a daily basis to manage all responsibilities.
- Scan mail and circulate to the appropriate team members.
- Assist in preparation of answers to complaints, motions, pleadings and various other litigation related materials and non-litigation materials.
- Schedule telephonic court hearings.
- Conduct due diligence for litigation matters, which includes but is not limited to reviewing documentation to assess scope of work and/or reviewing settlement correspondence to determine compliance.
- Perform necessary tasks related to Legal Pay management, which include but are not limited to reviewing invoices, conducting legal bill review, drafting check requests, obtaining documents substantiating said check requests from various vendors, creating weekly charts to track check requests, and creating charts to forecast settlement-related payments.
- Provide administrative support which may include, but is not limited to, printing and scanning documentation for counsel's review, preparing correspondence, and scanning and saving correspondence in the legal database.
- Interact with other departments as necessary to complete tasks (Payroll, HR and AR/AP).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel and knowledge of Adobe and PDF files.
- Experience with Salesforce, Legal Tracker and/or Quip is preferred, not required.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Ryan.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com.
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.