Fast growing tech company located in San Francisco is seeking a hands on Assistant Controller to add to their team. Will be reporting directly to Controller and will be responsible for a team of 8 people that they will be building out.
This individual will be responsible for streamlining the monthly book close and preparation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows. Assisting in overseeing the audit process and help recruit, manage and develop a strong accounting and payroll origination.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $124,000 - 163,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Ensure compliance with federal and state tax compliance requirements by tax jurisdiction
- Assist in overseeing the monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and compliance
- Create and implement a process to review and assess that internal operational and accounting controls are designed to address identified operational and accounting risks including mitigation of risk of losses, safeguarding of assets and adequate approval and reporting of transactions
- Work closely with our Controller to ensure that proper control objectives, failure modes and related controls are identified and documented for every process (manual and automated) to ensure the integrity of the control environment
- Streamline the monthly book close and preparation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows including account analyses and reconciliations. Resolve pending issues related to billing, revenue reporting and sales and use tax related matters
- Coordinates with other teams to ensure timely recording of transactions and the integrity and accuracy of financial reports
- Enhance the monthly reporting package to ensure timeliness of discussion with leadership team and other stakeholders including financial statements, operational metrics, reporting of any control deviations or failures, certifications from other functional leaders, and others as considered necessary
- Help recruit, manage and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting and payroll organization, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business as assigned from time to time
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 5-10 years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Exceptional communications skills, written and spoken
- Leadership skills to ensure appropriate selection, training and development of department staff
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to thrive in a hyper-growth business environment
- General business experience in fast-growing environment
- Experience in implementing processes and procedures
- Experience in assessing adequacy of internal controls covering various processes throughout the operation and making recommendations for improvement
- Experience in leading external audit and managing timeline and cost
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, determine priorities as projects arise and ensure that all projects get completed in a timely manner
- Experience with NetSuite ERPs or other large automated accounting system a plus
skills: Cost Accounting, Inventory, Operations - Retail
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.