job summary: Staff Accountant
Seeking a Staff Accountant to prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and month end processes.
location: Valencia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures (SOX)
- Participates in month-end close activities including analysis for journal entry preparation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Participates in month-end activities, communications and issue resolution including bringing issues to management's attention before they affect productivity
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with focus on operational efficiencies and GAAP compliance.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a Finance related function recommend
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Knowledge of internal controls (and Sarbanes Oxley as applicable)
- Experience with Oracle, SAP or PeopleSoft preferred.
skills: MS Office, Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.