job summary: Accounting Manager
Ground floor opportunity to join our rapidly expanding operation. Reporting directly to the CEO the Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and management of a small team of accounting and administrative staff. This position is responsible for maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises two staff accountants, one part-time accounting subcontractor, and one part-time clerk and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager will also have contact with senior-level management, which requires effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
location: Chantilly, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a good understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes.
- Assist in daily banking and cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and benefits.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entry transactions for close purposes.
- Review staff entries for accuracy.
- Manage annual financial budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Advises staff regarding non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with external auditors to ensure accurate and timely year-end audit, tax reporting, and 401k audit.
- Supervise general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Support special projects and workflow process improvements, as required.
qualifications: Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Accounting
- CPA a plus but not required
- Strong aptitude working with variety of financial systems (Solomon/FRX and Excel a plus)
- Previous supervisory exp required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
skills: Financial Reporting, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.