Are you a Senior Staff Accountant who's interested in having more long-term career incentives? One of Houston's most reputable mid-size manufacturing and distribution companies are looking to fill a role vacated from an employee moving. This person will be responsible for reporting inventory, general ledger maintenance, accounts payable, fixed assets, depreciation schedules, and account reconciliations. The ideal candidate will have some inventory experience and be open to working in NW Houston. They've been in business for almost 50 years, and are and growing! They're a very employee-centric company offering a great work/life balance, and lucrative long-term incentives, including their ESOP status, which means that the employees own the company and are given stock options!
Apply now if you believe this role would be a good fit.
If you or someone you know might be interested and/or qualified, apply today!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
· Research inventory outages over $200 and report in SX ICRIT
· Balance Suspense items in General Ledger
· Audit and take corrective action on non-stock and direct order inventory items (ICRON)
· Inventory in transit: audit and take corrective action on GLRBP over 2 weeks old
· Post, audit and take corrective action on fixed asset; process related invoices
· Freight, inventory, suspense general ledger entries and problem solving related issues for branches
· Post Depreciation expenses for Fixed Assets
· Reconciliations include but are not limited to: regular inventory, non-stocks, direct orders, consigned stock, suspense items, fixed assets, and freight-in
· Process 18-month surplus write-offs
· Year-end close out of inventory for all warehouses
· Backup for Accounts Payable Accountants
· Maintain excellent attendance record
- 2-5 years general accounting related experience
- Driven to provide a high level of accuracy while meeting on-time delivery requirements and supporting a strong internal control environment
- History of enacting efficiencies and driving change
- Demonstrable experience with revenue recognition, fixed assets and inventory
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Apply today and I'll look forward to speaking with you!
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Fixed Assets, Inventory, AP, Depreciation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.