Do you want to work for one of the biggest shoe companies in the world? Do you like shoes? This Company is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day financial management of cost center and GL accounting records for Regional Shared Services groups as well as the accounting, reporting and budgeting for Regional Fixed Assets. Some knowledge of accounting practices and some specific industry expertise is required in order to properly perform in areas of accounting judgement. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the commercial finance team to support their communication to the business.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Core Responsibilities:
- Ensure SAP based accounting records for overhead departments are maintained completely, accurately and in line with accounting standards and group accounting policies. Distribute monthly reporting to cost center owners.
- Ensure SAP based accounting records for fixed assets (internal orders) for regional capital projects are maintained completely, accurately and in line with accounting standards and group accounting policies.
- Ensure the period end close is performed in line with group policy and deadlines. Any issues are escalated promptly to line manager.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounting records are supported by adequate evidence to satisfy external audit inquiries. Provide detailed balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis for manager review.
- Work closely with Commercial Finance contacts to provide financial analysis of overheads to support their understanding of financial information and accounting entries for explanation to budget holders.
- Work closely with Commercial Finance contacts to ensure department and fixed asset budgets and forecasts are prepared completely, accurately and in line with agreed timetables.
- Ad-hoc work as directed by line manager.
qualifications: Essential Knowledge:
- Experience with SAP Cost Center and Fixed Asset accounting preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP including asset capitalization and asset retirement obligations
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles (prepayments, accruals, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Advanced PC/Microsoft skills - SAP, Advanced Excel
If interested in this role, please send resumes to
Randstad Professionals, Executive Recruiter, Direct Hire
skills: SAP, Excel, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.