The Stock & Margin Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the delivery of stock and margin processes across the Americas region of the organization. We are looking for someone who has strong time management and prioritization skills and who excels working in a fast paced environment.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Ensure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of automated SAP GL postings from other SAP modules affecting the Americas region to Gross Margin including postings at gender level.
- With Direction, make material judgments and estimates for provisions in the accounts especially around Returns provisions and other allowances, communicating such judgments and estimates to stakeholders. Assess margins of all countries and inform regional finance teams of any unusual margins
- Ensure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all other system processes affecting the Regional P&L to Net Margin, in particular Goods in Transit, Samples & stock movements into the retail LC and stores and directs for retail.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounting records are supported by adequate evidence to satisfy external audit queries. Reconcile all non-SAP stock balances & control accounts.
- Ensure the correct valuation of regional stock pools for management and statutory purposes. Manage the statutory transfer price valuations and reconcile to SAP. Feed into Local GAAP reporting and assist our auditors EY with local audit queries around stock valuation.
- Run Margin integrity processes for COS, FTZ checks, directs GRIR, PO pricing conditions.
- Assist in the reconciliation of all Purchase price control accounts as directed.
- Support the Budget and Forecast process for other margin items as directed.
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- Technically able accountant with a strong background of double entry bookkeeping and a strong background in areas of stock valuation principles and managing complex control accounts
- A strong understanding of SAP especially the MM & SD modules and interface points with FI
- Ability to manage huge data volumes
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Advanced PC/Microsoft skills - SAP, Advanced Excel
- Ability to work well with others
skills: SAP, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.