job summary: The Cost Accountant analyzes manufacturing processes and costs to establish standard labor, material and overhead associated with the product. She/he assists managers by identifying opportunities for cost containment and outsourcing; projects gross margins to aid in pricing decisions; completes month end journal entries; manages the cost reduction scorecard; supports taking of physical inventory and / or cycle counting. About our client Looking for a dynamic environment? You'll discover our client is centered on growth and their exciting culture. They're a large company with over a billion dollars in sales and locations worldwide. Our client's business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Start your journey today!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Analyzes manufacturing costs to establish standard labor and overhead rates for coming year
- Analyzes shop work order costing and works with the management team to understand / report significant variances
- Prepares monthly reports, inventory and operating expense variance reports, Cost Accounting Report
- Reconciles inventory monthly and prepares month end cost, inventory journal entries and other month-end close transactions
- Assists Sales organization in projecting gross margins for projects and new products
- Assists in annual budget preparation
- Tracks and reports site cost reductions
- Supports annual Physical Inventory process.
- Participates in Operations Management team meetings (Lean Manufacturing, Process improvement, cost reduction)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum three years' experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Supervisory and/or project leadership experience preferred
- Intermediate experience in Excel
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.