Accountant with strong analytical skills needed for publicly traded company located in Boca Raton.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Reconciles and rolls forward assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepares audit schedules for quarterly and annual audits.
- Analyses financial results related to assigned operating units.
- Analyses monthly budgets and forecasts compared to actual results and researches and provides explanation for variances.
- Analyses actual overhead results in comparison to budget and forecast and provides explanations for variances.
- Posts journal entries.
- Works with Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable on clearing suspense accounts.
- Compiles, summarizes, and provides reports and schedules necessary for internal and external reporting such as flash reporting, 10K, 10Q and Supplemental Schedules.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures established for accounting and follows Sarbanes Oxley guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Four (4) years progressive experience in an accounting related capacity with demonstrated exposure working with standard concepts, practices and procedures applied in an analysis capacity is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) status preferred.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve the typical questions and issues that arise as a result of completing daily work activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with Business Managers in the field to resolve questions and problems.
- Ability to produce reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software used by the department typically including the Financial Information System (FIS) and spreadsheets.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accruals, Business Analysis, Analysis, Excel Pivot Tables, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.