Global Payroll Manager - Currently working with a global technology company in San Francisco that is currently looking for a Global Payroll Manager to help manage the global payroll functions and oversee the payroll team. Excellent potential and growth environment! Works under a mentoring leader for the team. Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of payroll experience and 2+ years of manager type experience. ADP or Workday a plus.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 8 Years
- Oversee and manage processing of semi-monthly and biweekly multi state payroll for 6,000+ employees in US, Canada and Europe
- Strong understanding of federal and state Wage and Hour laws.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Review payroll prior to transmission and validate against confirmed reports
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c,T4 etc)
- Effectively prioritize to ensure compliance and accurate record keeping and ensure payroll is processed in compliance with multi state wage and hour laws
- Review miscellaneous offcycle checks including final paychecks, severance, etc.
- Ensure team members are resolving internal/external employee inquiries via ticketing system
- Perform compliance review for unclaimed property payroll checks
- Assist in monthly/quarterly/year-end Payroll Close process
- Responsible for ensuring processes are in compliance with SOX
- Responsible for ensuring retirement plan deductions are submitted timely to plan administrators
- For US 401(k) plan, ensure data submitted to Fidelity is accurate as well as assist with 5500 filing and audit
- Serve as the main point of contract for payroll information requested by internal teams.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when communicating with employees
- Minimum 8+ years full-cycle payroll experience required
- Experience using payroll platforms: Workday, ADP (Pay, Workforce Now)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, goals and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of payroll related deductions (Commuter Benefits, FSA, ESPP, 401k contributions, Stock transactions etc)
- Understanding of FLSA rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Google Suite skills
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
skills: Payroll Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.