Randstad is currently partnered with a wonderful client who is seeking a an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Internal Auditor. This is a 3 month consulting project.
location: Annapolis, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Audit / review controls of A/P disbursements - how do we ensure no fraudulent invoices are paid (RISK = OUTGOING CASH)
- Audit billings - how do we ensure every single client has been billed per the contract; matching up invoices to revenue schedules, etc. (RISK = NOT BILLING / COLLECTING WHAT WE'VE EARNED)
- Audit / review state sales tax billing / remitting. I don't want to address at this point if we are using the right rates, but do want to know how often we update them, what the collection / remittance process is, etc. (and how recorded on our books)
- Review/audit deferred rent schedule
- Global Account Reconciliations - set up and develop standardized format
- Summarize tax filings and develop a calendar of important dates.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Audit, Accounting, Finance and/or Business.
- Ability to prepare and present information in a formal and informal setting.
- CPA or CIA certification.
-Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- You are familiar with Audit Command Language (ACL).
- Public accounting experience preferred.
skills: Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.