job summary: POSITION SUMMARY
Our client is looking for a Purchasing Manager who can analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. Our Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team.
location: Plainville, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 5 Years
- Performs commercial purchasing functions, including supplier selection, price negotiation, inventory and logistics management.
- Collaborates with Sales and Product management teams on development projects.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of effective Purchasing policies to ensure the team delivers targeted results for performance metrics: forecast accuracy, outbound and inbound fill rate, inventory turnover, and spoils.
- Execute sourcing and procurement activity for assigned product lines, with overall objectives being to achieve planned in-stock levels, while driving lower total product costs.
- Manage supply relationships, negotiate purchase order terms, evaluate vendor performance and identify areas of opportunity for cost reduction and efficiency.
- Research and identify potential sources of supply for new and existing products
- Lead root cause analysis for products and suppliers with poor fill rate performance.
- Develop and implement action plans to drive improvement, meet forecasts and resolve potential issues related to excess inventory.
- Support assigned product development projects by helping to define item specifications, communicating with suppliers, tracking performance to key milestones and identifying/resolving potential issues.
- Conduct review of ERP item parameters and make change recommendations to optimize total cost and in-stock performance.
- Manage and maintain all system parameters associated with planning within the ERP and replenishment systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or Business Administration
- 5+ years of demonstrated success related to inventory replenishment and supply chain management.
- Intermediate spreadsheet / database skills
- Demonstrated experience with sales, inventory and planning analysis.
- Proficient in the use of advanced materials planning systems
- Superior interpersonal and business communication skills
Apply directly if you are a Purchasing Manager interested in being considered for this position.
skills: Forecasting, Inventory Physical, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Inventory - Physical
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.