A Fortune 500 Consumer Goods Organization with a Shared Services Headquarters located in the Brandon area, is seeking a dynamic Accountant to support their US and Canadian
operations with month and year end accounting requirements. This is a 3 to 6 month project with potential for extension and is available for immediate hire.
Responsibilities of the Accountant
- Prepare account reconciliations, journal entries, and financial reports monthly, quarterly and for year-end. Ensure daily financial posting to G/L, and reporting to bottlers/internal contacts is provided accurately and timely.
- Process incoming tax documents via mail and electronic delivery including coordinating payroll tax notices.
- Post payroll amounts weekly from SAP Payroll system to SAP General Ledger system. Assist with preparing required schedules and reports for Internal Audit
- Provide weekly and monthly labor reports
- Assist with outsource payroll tax company
- Minimum of 3 years related accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Accounting, Payroll and Tax experience desired.
- Proficient in
- to bottlers and internal contacts to assist with analysis of labor expense.
- MS Suite/Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint skills strongly preferred. Experience with SAP or other ERP system required.
- A positive Customer Service attitude and the ability to multi-task are essential.
location: Brandon, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 29 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
This position includes performing day-to-day, month-end, and year-end tasks for the U.S. and Canadian operations related to Payroll Accounting for both internal and for the bottlers we support. Provide monthly labor reports, account reconciliations for employee related activities for example Employee Receivables, T & E, Accrued Salaries and Wages, after tax deductions, Local Incentives, and Union activities. Process incoming tax documents via mail and electronic delivery. Post payroll amounts weekly from SAP Payroll system to SAP General Ledger system. Assist with managing the outsourced payroll tax company as needed. Assist with preparing required schedules and reports to CCR Internal Audit and for external auditors. Facilitate the successful testing of all Tax Update Bulletins with IT. Ensure SAP Payroll is kept up to date with State Unemployment tax rates and other applicable tax changes.
This position is for immediate hire. Please email your resume as a MS Word attachment to Telli Oconner: email@example.com.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Tax Compliance, Payroll Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.