Sr. Revenue Accountant
Software company in San Mateo, CA is seeking a Sr. Revenue Accountant to join the accounting team. Sr. Revenue Accountant will work as an independent contributor and report to the Director of Accounting. Sr. Revenue Accountant will be responsible for performing revenue recognition and assisting with the implementation of ASC 606.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Responsible for the monthly financial close for bookings, backlog, revenue and deferred revenue
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for various balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Responsible for invoicing for complex contracts
- Review contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in Zuora and NetSuite
- Perform analyses related to the implementation of ASC 606
- Other ad-hoc projects as necessary (e.g. implementation of 606, system reconciliations, systems integration)
- Analyze revenue trends and investigate variances, partnering with FP&A team
- Stay current on revenue recognition guidance and makes interpretations of guidance with respect to company revenues
- Keep management informed on day to day issues, escalate situations as appropriate, and provide visibility on new or unique situations as encountered
- Identify areas for process improvement and coordinate with other departments to implement solutions to improve efficiency of the revenue process
- 3+ years of experience in revenue accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Netsuite, Salesforce, Zuora highly preferable
Click to apply.
skills: Revenue Accounting, SalesForce.com, Revenue Recognition, Netsuite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.