A large manufacturing company in the Tacoma area is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to join on a temporary basis as it would be an excellent way to get a foot in the door.
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare journal entries and accruals to accurately record transactions and maintain necessary supporting documentation.
- Perform analysis of financial data including detailed reconciliations of financial activity to ensure GAAP compliance.
- Conduct monthly Trial Balance account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Prepare fixed asset and capital expenditure reporting.
- Prepare and oversee quarterly state tax filings and reporting.
- Document accounting and order processing procedures to maintain internal controls and recommend efficiency improvements.
- Provide support for the annual audit by independent accounting firm.
- Provide support for the annual business plan and rolling forecast process.
- Provide support for compliance reporting to financial lending institutions and other regulatory agencies.
- Provide financial and reporting support to management at the manufacturing facility.
- Work effectively with all departments to create an atmosphere of cooperation and ensure integration of policies.
- Provide backup assistance to other accounting team members in A/R, A/P, and Orders Processing.
- Provide support for various projects as needed.
qualifications: SUMMARY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 2 - 4 years of accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP
- Cost accounting experience
- Advanced user of Excel
- Manufacturing environment experience preferred
- Experience with large ERP systems preferred
- Must be proficient with Oracle in both creating and pulling reports
skills: Oracle, Cost Accounting, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.