Successful small to mid-size global consulting company is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for the team. This position will report to the Controller and support a number of accounting functions including the GL, month-end close, AP for US, inter-company internationally. Qualified candidates will have at least 4-5 years of accounting experience and an Accounting Degree.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: STAFF ACCOUNTANT Location: San Francisco, CA Responsibilities:
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts ( prepayments, fixed assets, accruals, intercompany accounts , expense accounts, advances accounts
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries which includes accruals, amortization of prepaid assets, depreciation of fixed assets, overhead allocation
- Work with International Offices ( UK, AG, Turkey and Paris) bookkeepers for monthly activities. Reconcile and identify discrepancy between records, advices and make necessary adjustments
- Management and monitoring of US accounts payable from verification, check processing and release. Online upload of checks issued for check control
- Manage fixed asset inventory. Track purchases, sales or dispositions of assets and calculation of gain or loss on disposal
- Update and reconciliation of AR Aging on a weekly and monthly basis
- Worked with director regarding billing, preparing of invoices
- Prepares audit schedules and work closely with auditors
- Time and Billing -review and authorize employee expenses submitted in the Time and Billing system, provide help regarding the time and billing system for time and expense entry, report generation and trouble shooting, coordinate with vendor for any system error, input of sub contractors time and expenses and other disbursements related to billable and non billable projects
- Prepares IRS form for 1099 at year end, distribute forms to subcontractors and filing of 1096 to the IRS
- Maintain and keep updated accounting records.
qualifications: Requirements and/or Skills:
- Possesses a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Three plus years of experience in General Ledger Accounting/Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable type background
- Needs to understand the overall accounting functions on each relates to each other
- Small Office Experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.